WARM WALES HEALTHY HOMES HEALTHY PEOPLE PROJECT
HOW WE CAN HELP
During the recent Covid outbreak we have adapted our services to offer continued support to clients whilst working safely from home. We now offer:
- ‘home’ visits by telephone or Zoom – we find helping via a live zoom chat with visual contact is more personal.
- 3-way calls to energy providers to discuss bills, debts or tariffs.
- 3-way calls to Nest to assist with getting a new boiler via their scheme.
We can also:
- provide valuable help and support on tariff switching and guide people through the process, helping them gain confidence so they will be comfortable to do this for themselves.
- assist with Welsh Water reductions, complete the forms online for householders and support them in getting water bills reduced where eligible.
- assist with benefits, assess if they may be entitled to other help and either apply online for certain benefits or refer to partner organisations.
- make referrals for adaptations to the home (e.g. level access showers, grab rails, stairlifts, ramps, or sensory/hearing aids, lifeline and key boxes)
- provide information on carbon monoxide dangers, discuss fire/smoke alarms and refer for help where required.
- add vulnerable people onto the Priority Services Register (PSR) with their water and energy providers.
We are funded by Wales & West Utilities and partnered with Care & Repair, Nest and Welsh Water. All our services are free with no obligation.
If you would like to make a direct referral please complete the contact page: https://www.warmwales.org.uk/contact/ select ‘Healthy Homes Healthy People’ under Enquiry or give us a call on one of the numbers below.
Katrina Bradley Lead Community Worker
Kathy Harris Community Worker
Please see PDF below "Welsh Government Covid19 support booklet"
The South Wales Healthy Homes Healthy People Project Team